Candy corn it is a popular candy during the Halloween season here in the U.S. It’s sweet, chewy, and tastes a bit like a flavored marshmallow. People tend to really like it or really hate it.
Here is a picture of candy corn:
……and HERE is a picture of why it’s called candy corn:
- The Goelitz Confectionery Company, now called Jelly Belly, began making candy corn at the turn of the century.
- Goelitz initially named candy corn “Chicken Feed.” Boxes were illustrated with a rooster logo and the slogan, “Something worth crowing for.”
- Jelly Belly makes 28,000 pounds of candy corn every 8 hours.
- Buzzfeed – This Is Why It’s Called Candy Corn
- MyFox8.com – Why is it called candy corn? And 5 other strange facts about the sweet
- USA Today – Halloween fave: 10 spookily sweet candy corn facts