LAST UPDATED: July 11, 2019 by Ryan M
There is no single authoritative source for this answer, but it seems to be the most accepted explanation.
- Lions eat around 18 pounds of meat per day. This is the equivalent of a human eating more than 70 hamburgers each day.
- A lion can jump as far as 36 feet and run up to 50 mph in short bursts.
- The most dangerous land animal in Africa is not the lion, it’s the hippopotamus. Hippos kill around 500 people each year.
- Reddit – ELI5: Why is the lion called “King of the Jungle” if they actually live in the savannah?
- TheGuardian.com – Why is the lion referred to as “the king of the jungle” when it lives in open country?
- FactRetriever.com – 92 Roaring Facts about Lions